Home decorating ideas for a new look
Room by room home decorating ideas Whether you live in small metropolitan apartment, a house in the suburbs, or a log cabin in the mountains, your living room creates a lasting impression on those who visit. It sets the mood and should reflect your personal taste. So, to begin our helpful hints for home decorating ideas, let's start with some simple tips for the living room. You don't have to spend a lot of time or money to get a new look that will be a pick up for both you and your living room. Just add some color; here's how:
1. Paint just One Wall This will really change the focal point of the living room without getting into a major redecorating project. If your room has a niche, it's the perfect choice for extra color. You can choose a bold, contrasting color picked from a floral fabric, or a subtle tone darker than the tone of the other walls. Any change in color will add interest and splash!
2. Throw a Few Pillows Around Nothing adds color like strategically placed throw pillows. Choose solids for a floral print or colorful, patterned pillows for a solid color chair or sofa. This is just one of many home decorating ideas that will not only add a bright splash of color, but will also add comfort to your seating arrangements.
3. Add Green or Flowering Plants If you don't have a green thumb, ask your nursery or home center to recommend ones that require little or no care. If you're gone from home a lot, settle for some of the wonderful artificial ones on the market now. You can find great looking plants, foliage, and flowers that only need to be dusted. The Internet is a wonderful source for these.
4. Put Some Color on the Floor A colorful throw rug placed in front of a chair or under a coffee table can add color and texture to a living room (or any room). It can be put on top of any type of flooring, including carpet. If it is on a smooth surface, make certain to have a no skid backing. Choose a contrast color (from fabric you're using in the room}, or look for one with an interesting pattern that ties into the theme of your room.
5. Add Interesting Artwork A colorful piece of art placed in a living room not only adds a decorative touch, but also introduces colors and shapes. Try framing simple photos with colorful mats and bright frames.